Customizations - translation etc

Forum for the support and discussion of KNote and KNetFramework

Customizations - translation etc

Postby maans » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:51 pm

Hi John

I like your application very much :D

However as a longtime TiddlyWiki user I miss beeing able to:
    add plugins
    make a translation (my language is Danish)
and
    change layout..

Is there any way I can do any of these things?

Is it in the pipeline to make a TiddlyWiki plugin which could provide the k-note functionality to a "normal" TiddlyWiki?
A seamless integration - which could benefit from the portable version of your program? (maybe even in Linux ;) )
I even envision a DropBox version which which would work (with relative links) in a TiddlyWiki when viewed over http...

It looks very promising - simple and practical as a "closed/hardcoded" program - yet I feel that many of TiddlyWikis great potentials are lost...

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers Måns Mårtensson
maans

Re: Customizations - translation etc

Postby john » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:43 pm

Hi Mans:
We do plan to support translations and custom layout. We will eventually support user created themes.
Plugin is an interesting topic. At this point, we are not sure how to support Tiddlywiki plugins. Are there any specific plugins that you think we should support?

We value your inputs as a longtime Tiddlywiki user. Please continue to use KNote and give us your thoughts. KNote has an import option (file->import) to import tiddlywiki .html file into KNote.

John
john

Re: Customizations - translation etc

Postby maans » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:24 pm

john wrote:Hi Mans:
We do plan to support translations and custom layout. We will eventually support user created themes.

Great :D I look forward to it..
john wrote:Plugin is an interesting topic. At this point, we are not sure how to support Tiddlywiki plugins. Are there any specific plugins that you think we should support?

I especially miss listfilter tag options. In a TiddlyWiki I would write: <<list filter "[tag[$1]][sort[-created]]">> and get a list of all tiddlers tagged with $1 sorted by creation.
I believe the use of macros to be one of the topmost valued options in TiddlyWiki - and you can create your own on the fly. Another one is the option to display one tiddler into another one through the tiddlermacro <<tiddler A>> written into tiddler B would show tiddler A inside tiddler B..
Your wysiwyg editor would need to allow/interpret wikisyntax like <<macro>> ....
A great plugin for creating custom lists and tables is ForEachTiddlerPlugin.
john wrote:We value your inputs as a longtime Tiddlywiki user. Please continue to use KNote and give us your thoughts. KNote has an import option (file->import) to import tiddlywiki .html file into KNote.

Thanks, I will try the import function out - as soon as I get a chance to use a Windowsmachine...
Cheers Måns Mårtensson
maans

Return to Support Forum