New ecstatic user.

Forum for the support and discussion of KNote and KNetFramework

New ecstatic user.

Postby retiree » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:59 am

What a joy this application is! I've been looking for something like this for quite some time. As a former user of KeyNote and now one who is relying on the note-taking facility within EssentialPim-Free, this was such a great find. I'd previously looked at TiddlyWiki and other desktop wikis that provide WYSIWYG rich text formatting and the ability to embed graphics, but really wasn't interested in becoming a wiki markup/syntax expert. KNote is obviously the best of all worlds. The flexibility to format and store notes in just about any form one can imagine and the freedom to easily link attachments and other external locations as well as between notes like a wiki is just what the doctor ordered from my perspective. All this primarily using toolbar buttons, context menus and a minimal interface versus embedded markup language is fantastic. It makes this application a perfect solution for so many of us who've previously shied away from wikis simply because of the requirement to become proficient at yet another pseudo-language. Obviously you can tell I'm bubbling over with words of praise...

I will endeavor to transfer my huge DB of notes from EssentialPim to KNotes over the coming days and will report back (post) any extraordinary findings. I sincerely hope that your efforts in developing this program result in the goals you've set for yourself and that it experiences a lengthy, healthy evolution into the future without any major hiccups along the way. ;)
retiree

Re: New ecstatic user.

Postby admin » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:17 am

We are very glad that you find KNote useful.
We use KNote for our own note taking needs and that means KNote will be around :D

Admin
admin
Site Admin

Re: New ecstatic user.

Postby admin » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:37 am

KNote has built-in support for importing notes from tiddlywiki format. If you can find tools to export/import your current notes into tiddlywiki format, then you can import all notes into KNote automatically.

Admin
admin
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum