New database, passwords...

Forum for the support and discussion of KNote and KNetFramework

New database, passwords...

Postby asmith111126 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:20 pm

Hi,
How do I start a new database?

I am pretty sure I entered my password in all lower case. I also tried to change it to all lower case but it says the old and new passwords are the same. But I can only log in if I use a capital first letter for my password.

Also, you need to add both user and password recovery somehow, for the forgetful among us..

Cheers,

A.Smith
asmith111126

Re: New database, passwords...

Postby john » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:40 pm

To start a new database, simply delete/rename your data folder which can be found in the same folder as the KNoteStart.exe.

All notes are encrypted with your password. When you log in, we use whatever password you provide to decrypt the notes. KNote does not know or keep your password anywhere. So, we strongly encourage KNote users to write down and store their passwords in a safe place. There are no ways that we can recover your password.

John
john

Re: New database, passwords...

Postby john » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:51 pm

We have noticed that once an error message is displayed in changing password, it will be erroneously displayed for all subsequent password changes. This will be fixed in the following release. We recommend restart KNote after a password change. Thanks for reporting the bug.
john

Return to Support Forum